All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive analysis of key issues in North American environmental policy provides an overview of how the US, Mexico, and Canada differ in their environmental management approaches and capacity levels, and how these differences play into cross-border cooperation on environmental problems. The book offers insights into transboundary cooperation both before and after NAFTA, and presents a framework for making environmental interaction more effective in the future. The book is organized into two parts. The first, more general, section compares the national contexts for environmental management in each country-including ecomic conditions, sociocultural dynamics, and political decision-making frameworks- and shows how these have led to variations in policy approaches and levels of capacity. The authors argue that effective environmental governance in North America depends on the ability of transboundary institutions to address and mediate these differences. The book's second section illustrates this argument, using four case studies of environmental management in North America: biodiversity and protected areas, air pollution (smog); greenhouse gas reduction, and genetically modified crops.
- Author BiographyRobert G. Healy is Professor Emeritus of Environmental Policy at the Nicholas School of the Environment at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. Debora L. VanNijnatten is Associate Professor of Political Science and North American Studies at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario. Marcela L pez-Vallejo is Professor in the School of International Relations at Universidad Popular Aut noma del Estado de Puebla, Mexico.
- Author(s)Debora L. VanNijnatten,Marcela Lopez Vallejo Olvera,Robert G. Healy
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication20/01/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteillustrations, maps
- Weight300 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.