Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionUnique in the reference literature, this Companion provides students with an introduction to all the major concepts and contemporary issues in the environmental sciences. The text is divided into six sections (Environmental Sciences, Environments, Paradigms and Concepts, Processes and Dynamic, Scales and Techniques, Environmental Issues), with over 200 entries alphabetically organized and authored by key names in the environmental science disciplines. Entries are concise, informative, richly visual and fully referenced and cross referenced. They introduce key concepts and processes that are included in the index, cite relevant websites, and reflect the latest thinking.
- Author BiographyAnthony Brazel is a retired geographer and climatologist who has written over 100 professional articles and reports on climate, focusing primarily at the local and regional scale. He has served as Laboratory of Climatology Director from 1979-1988, Arizona's governor-appointed State slimatologist from 1979-1999, geography departmental chair from 1991-1997, and manager of the Southwest Center for Environmental Research and Policy through the Center for Environmental Studies from 2001 to 2003. He is former member of the Board of Urban Environments of the American Meteorological Society and current member of the scholarship committee of the International Association on Urban Climate. He is a Fellow of American Association of the Advancement of Science and editor of the Journal of the Arizona-Nevada Academy of Science.
- Author(s)Alejandro Yanez-Arancibia,Anthony Brazel,Arthur G. Sylvester,Dr. John W. Day,Edward A. Keller,Ian Simmons
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/11/2008
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.