All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe dynamics of flows in density-stratified fluids has been and remains w an important topic for scientific enquiry. Such flows arise in many contexts, ranging from industrial settings to the oceanic and atmospheric environments. It is the latter topic which is the focus of this book. Both the ocean and atmosphere are characterised by the basic vertical density stratification, and this feature can affect the dynamics on all scales ranging from the micro-scale to the planetary scale. The aim of this book is to provide a state-of-the-art account of stratified flows as they are relevant to the ocean and atmosphere with a primary focus on meso-scale phemena; that is, on phemena whose time and space scales are such that the density stratification is a dominant effect, so that frictional and diffusive effects on the one hand and the effects of the earth's rotation on the other hand can be regarded as of less importance. This in turn leads to an emphasis on internal waves.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/03/2013
- Series TitleTopics in Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight456 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byRoger Grimshaw
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.