All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.33Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
About this product
- DescriptionWith globalization fast becoming an irreversible process, it is necessary to pay increased attention to the implications for environmental sustainability. However, the so-called environmental Kuznets curve (EKC) argument implies that rapid ecomic growth in many developing countries should be environmentally unsustainable. Environmental Sustainability addresses this dichotomy and articulates a tion of consumption sustainability that is both universal and pertains to the indefinite future. Additionally, it emphasizes the importance of addressing a broad spectrum of sources of environmental degradation and relates this measure to an index of ecomic achievement more complete than per capita income. As well as the EKC, authors Jha and Murthy also critique the Environmental Sustainability Index (ESI) and empirically substantiate the proposition that a certain type of development in the presently high-income countries is primarily responsible for global environmental degradation. Several policy conclusions for global environmental management are also advanced. Throughout, Jha and Murthy comprehensively evaluate existing approaches to environmental sustainability and critically review empirical studies of environmental degradation, and ecomic development, making this an invaluable source of information for those concerned with environmental ecomics and political ecomy.
- Author BiographyRaghbendra Jha is Rajiv Gandhi Chair Professor and Executive Director Australia South Research Centre, Division of Economics at the Australian National University. K.V. Bhanu Murthy is Professor Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi.
- Author(s)K. V. Bhanu Murthy,Raghbendra Jha
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/01/2006
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleRoutledge Explorations in Environmental Economics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note35 black & white illustrations, 36 black & white tables, 35 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.