All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionThis multidisciplinary volume presents a refreshing new approach to environmental values in the global age. it investigates the challenges that globalization poses to traditional environmental values in general as well as in politics and international governance. Divided into five parts, the book investigates how environmental values could be reconceived in a globalizing world. Part I explores contemporary environmental values and their implications for a globalizing world. Part II examines the development of Western and Eastern environmental values Part III discusses contemporary environmental politics Part IV examines how values inform environmental governance and how governance solutions influence which values are realised Part V concludes the volume with two different views of the prospects of environmental values in a globalising world. This study will be of great interest to students and researchers studying the environment in philosophy, political science, international relations, international environment law, environmental studies and development studies.
- Author BiographyJouni Paavola is Senior Research Associate at the Centre for Social and Economic Research on the Global Environment, University of East Anglia, and Associate Fellow of the Oxford Centre for the Environment, Ethics and Society. Ian Lowe is Emeritus Professor of Science, Technology and Society at Griffith University in Brisbane, President of Queensland Academy of Arts and Sciences and a former Director of Australia's Commission for the Future.
- Author(s)Ian Lowe,Jouni Paavola
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2007
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.