All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book assembles the revised papers presented to an international working conference on international waste policy convened by the Environmental Law Network International (ELNI) in May 1991 in Germany. The focus is placed on EC, national and regional waste management law, and implementation and practice in 15 countries of Europe. This is supplemented by analyses of relevant organisations and rich statistical material; thus offers a unique comparative overview. The pan-European perspective shows a serious risk of eco-dumping, i.e. the export of waste to countries with lower disposal standard. On the EC level, the conference was presented with substantial evidence of n-implementation of existing legislation in Member States. Therefore global domestic policy must become the guiding principle of national and international regulation and one of the main tasks of environmental organizations. In this spirit, it was agreed that in future a Europe-wide continued exchange of information and experience shall take place between the NGOs in the field of waste.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Andrea Sander is a lawyer and worked with the Instiute for Applied Ecology (OeKO-Institut) in Darmstadt from 1990 to -1991. She is now with the environmental administration of the State of Brandenburg. Peter Kueppers was born in 1956. At present he is the coordinator of the National Coordination Bureau for Licensing Procedures seated with the Institute for Applied Ecology (OeKO-Institut) in Darmstadt.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1993
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleStudies of the Environmental Law Network International
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1993
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight330 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAndrea Sander,Peter Kuppers
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.