All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many things you can change in your learning environment to boost student success, from lighting and color choices to ise level, seating, and classroom organization! Packed full of easy-to-use strategies and cutting-edge research, this book walks you through the classroom the way your students experience it-through the senses. Learn how safety, ergomics, and temperature affect learning; lighting, color, and peripheral stimuli improve performance; ise inhibits or encourages learning; toxic pollutants hinder cognition; and why you should include plants in your learning environment. Read about the total learning environment and research on the startling relationship between school facilities and student test scores. There is such thing as a neutral environment. Optimize your learning environment to optimize student performance!
- Author BiographyEric Jensen is a former teacher and current member of the Society for Neuroscience and New York Academy of Sciences. He has taught at all levels, from elementary through university level and is currently completing his PhD in human development. In 1981, Jensen cofounded SuperCamp, the nation's first and largest brain-compatible learning program, now with over 50,000 graduates. He has since written Teaching with the Brain in Mind, Brain-Based Learning, Deeper Learning, Arts with the Brain in Mind, Enriching the Brain, and 21 other books on learning and the brain. A leader in the brain-based movement, Jensen has made over 45 visits to neuroscience labs and interacts with countless neuroscientists. He was the founder of the Learning Brain EXPO and has trained educators and trainers for 25 years worldwide in this field. He is deeply committed to making a positive, significant, lasting difference in the way we learn.
- Author(s)Eric P. Jensen
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/02/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrain Store Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.