CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionI live as the black widow's husband. I envy birds, For fear I never fly. -from A Self Portrait by Sarah Ray, 18 Twenty-six Northwest authors and illustrators, aged 12-20 present this unique anthology of essays, poems and stories: A woman named Margaret makes a bargain with a mythic Grim Hound kwn as Black Shuck. Neurotic author Ryan James Slugstache finds there is a price on his head-and that his books are predicting the future. Writing on topics as diverse as gum, sticky tes, sorrow, and dragons, these pieces contain: Striking Imagery: No one watches the blind moon rise With opal rivers in her eyes. -from Eternity Unseen by Sophia Babai, 20 Magic: The orbs were spheres floating above my hands, glowing in the dim light. They danced wildly, growing as I summoned more power from within me. -from Life After Orphanage by Brenna Smith, 14 Mystery: Sonya followed my gaze. Be careful looking in it, she warned. You might t like what you see. What? I turned to her. A kwing look was in her eyes. It's more than just a mirror. It's a window to your soul. A window to your soul? -from The Mirror by Kayleen Gill, 18 Moral Questions: About five bodies slumped against the walls. Odin felt his chest thud. What had he done? These boys were almost men, but t quite-teenagers, gathered up by the latest draft probably. -from Reprisals by Alden Chatfield, 14 Humor: Marry me! cried Prince Morg, First and Last Son of the Lord of Darkness and Bringer of the Armies of Dark Darkness. -from The Legendary Adventures of Gorman Bloodkil by George Liekly, 18 The Deeply Personal: The loudest relationship in my life is the one that has spent seventeen years in silence. -from A Person Called Silence by Sarah Ray, 18 Line drawings, interspersed throughout, complete the collection. An excellent resource for classrooms, homeschoolers, or to encourage other teen writers.
- Author(s)The Publishing Institute
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.