All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionEnzybiotics, by using enzymes to fight bacteria, offer a vel and promising new way to combat infectious diseases. This book presents the state-of-the-art and therapeutic potential of enzybiotics, with a stress on therapeutic applications. The coverage offers a unique combination of medicinal chemistry, microbiology, genetics, and biochemistry. It also addresses the timely topic of bacterial resistance to antibiotics, and provides readers with a vel angle to study and combat infectious diseases.
- Author BiographyTomas G. Villa, PhD, is Full Professor of Microbiology and Chair of the Department of Microbiology at the University of Santiago de Compostela, Faculty of Pharmacy (Spain). Dr. Villa has written twenty book chapters and over 160 papers. In addition, he has translated into Spanish several microbiology text books. Dr. Villa is regularly engaged in the teaching of microbiology and biotechnology. <p>Patricia Veiga-Crespo, PhD, is Lecturer of Microbiology and works in the Department of Microbiology at the University of Santiago de Compostela, where she is involved in the study of multi-resistance phenomena and enzybiotics and the teaching of advanced biotechnology and basic microbiology.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication26/01/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight610 g
- Width159 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byPatricia Veiga Crespo,Tomas G. Villa
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.