All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating memoir by an English travel writer recaptures scenes from the Middle East of nearly two centuries ago. A. W. Kinglake recounts his 1834-35 trip through the Balkans, Turkey, Cyprus, Syria, and Palestine. Rather than dwelling on art or monuments, the captivating narrative focuses on the natives and their cities.
- Author BiographyAlexander William Kinglake (1809-91) was an English travel writer and Member of Parliament. He wrote an in-depth account of the Crimean War but is best remembered for this work, an account of his 1834-35 trip to the Balkans, Turkey, Cyprus, Syria, and Palestine.
- Author(s)Alexander William Kinglake
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.