All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionIlluminating the processes and patterns that link getype to phetype, Epigenetics seeks to explain features, characters, and developmental mechanisms that can only be understood in terms of interactions that arise above the level of the gene. With chapters written by leading authorities, this volume offers a broad integrative survey of epigenetics. Approaching this complex subject from a variety of perspectives, it presents a broad, historically grounded view that demonstrates the utility of this approach for understanding complex biological systems in development, disease, and evolution. Chapters cover such topics as morphogenesis and organ formation, conceptual foundations, and cell differentiation, and together demonstrate that the integration of epigenetics into mainstream developmental biology is essential for answering fundamental questions about how phetypic traits are produced.
- Author BiographyBenedikt Hallgrimsson, Professor in the Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy at the University of Calgary, is coeditor of Variation: A Central Concept in Biology and of Advanced Imaging in Biology and Medicine: Technology, Software Environments, Applications. Brian K. Hall is University Research Professor Emeritus at Dalhousie University. His latest book is Evolution: Principles and Processes.
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication11/04/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note14 b/w photographs, 66 line illustrations, 10 tables
- Weight939 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBenedikt Hallgrimsson,Brian K. Hall
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.