Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of epigenetics has grown exponentially in the past decade, and a steady flow of exciting discoveries in this area has served to move it to the forefront of molecular biology. Although epigenetics may previously have been considered a peripheral science, recent advances have shown considerable progress in unraveling the many mysteries of ntraditional genetic processes. Given the fast pace of epigenetic discoveries and the groundbreaking nature of these developments, a thorough treatment of the methods in the area seems timely and appropriate and is the goal of Epigenetics Protocols. The scope of epigenetics is vast, and an exhaustive analysis of all of the techniques employed by investigators would be unrealistic. However, this (TM) volume of Methods in Molecular Biology covers three main areas that should be of greatest interest to epigenetics investigators: (1) techniques related to analysis of chromatin remodeling, such as histone acetylation and methylation; (2) methods in newly developed and especially promising areas of epigenetics such as telomere position effects, quantitative epigenetics, and ADP ribosylation; and (3) an updated analysis of techniques involving DNA methylation and its role in the modification, as well as the maintenance, of chromatin structure.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication23/07/2004
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 287
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight701 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byTrygve O. Tollefsbol
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.