All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will provide an overview of basic epigenetic phemena; interaction between epigenetic and genetic factors; and the influence of epigenetic factors on inheritance. Epigenetic states may contribute to the penetrance of genetic polymorphisms or mutations and thereby modify inheritance patterns. This may result in n-Mendelian inheritance of genetic traits such as observed in common human disease. The relationship between epigenetics and genetics, however, has t been comprehensively summarized yet. The topic is being more and more appreciated lately due to considerable advances in gemic and epigemic approaches to study the origins of human disease. The editors will focus t only on describing epigenetic characteristics, mechanisms and results, but also on how considerations of epigenetics can alter interpretation and analysis of risks for complex traits. This book will be a resource for those who have been working in human genetics or analysis of human genetic data and are studying the impact of epigenetics on inheritance. An overview will be given of the impacts of inter-individual variation in epigenetic states from major changes (errors in gemic imprinting) that cause congenital developmental defects to subtle changes and their impact on complex traits. The editors will discuss the relationship between epigenetic changes and genetic changes in human disease. Several chapters will also focus on statistical analysis of epigenetics effects, either in human disease genetic studies, or in population genetics.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/08/2016
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 33 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight557 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAnna K. Naumova,Celia M. T. Greenwood
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.