Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the concept of 'cognitive injustice': the failure to recognise the different ways of kwing by which people across the globe run their lives and provide meaning to their existence. Boaventura de Sousa Santos shows why global social justice is t possible without global cognitive justice. Santos argues that Western domination has profoundly marginalised kwledge and wisdom that had been in existence in the global South. She contends that today it is imperative to recover and valorize the epistemological diversity of the world. Epistemologies of the South outlines a new kind of bottom-up cosmopolitanism, in which conviviality, solidarity and life triumph against the logic of market-ridden greed and individualism.
- Author BiographyBoaventura de Sousa Santos is director of the Center for Social Studies at the University of Coimbra (Portugal). Among his many books are The Rise of the Global Left: The World Social Forum and Beyond (2006) and Law and Globalization from Below: Towards a Cosmopolitan Legality (2005).
- Author(s)Boaventura de Sousa Santos
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.