All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the concept of 'cognitive injustice': the failure to recognise the different ways of kwing by which people across the globe run their lives and provide meaning to their existence. Boaventura de Sousa Santos shows why global social justice is t possible without global cognitive justice. Santos argues that Western domination has profoundly marginalised kwledge and wisdom that had been in existence in the global South. She contends that today it is imperative to recover and valorize the epistemological diversity of the world. Epistemologies of the South outlines a new kind of bottom-up cosmopolitanism, in which conviviality, solidarity and life triumph against the logic of market-ridden greed and individualism.
- Author BiographyBoaventura de Sousa Santos is director of the Center for Social Studies at the University of Coimbra (Portugal). Among his many books are The Rise of the Global Left: The World Social Forum and Beyond (2006) and Law and Globalization from Below: Towards a Cosmopolitan Legality (2005).
- Author(s)Boaventura de Sousa Santos
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.