All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionEpistemology has long mesmerized its practitioners with numerous puzzles. What can we kw, and how can we kw it? In Epistemology: A Contemporary Introduction, Alvin Goldman, one of the most ted contemporary epistemologists, and Matthew McGrath, kwn for his work on a wide range of topics in the field, have joined forces to delve into these puzzles. Featuring a clear and engaging writing style and intriguing examples, Epistemology surveys both traditional and emerging topics in depth, acquainting students t only with the history of the field but also its new developments and directions. The first half of the book examines core questions about the nature and structure of justification and kwledge, skepticism, and the Gettier problem, paying careful attention to reliabilism, evidentialism, contextualism, pragmatic encroachment, kwledge-first epistemology, and dogmatism about perceptual justification. The second half provides lively excursions into such new topics as the relevance of cognitive science to epistemology, the prospects for experimental philosophy, and the evidential status of intuitions. The authors open coverage of each topic with an introduction for beginners and then move on to analyses suitable for advanced undergraduate and graduate students.
- Author BiographyAlvin I. Goldman is Board of Governors Professor of Philosophy and Cognitive Science at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. A leading epistemologist for several decades, his books include Reliabilism and Contemporary Epistemology (2012) and Pathways to Knowledge (2002). Matthew McGrath is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Missouri-Columbia. He has published on a range of topics in epistemology and is best known for work on pragmatic encroachment, including Knowledge in an Uncertain World (2009).
- Author(s)Board of Governors Professor of Philosophy and Cognitive Science Alvin I Goldman,Professor of Philosophy Matthew McGrath
- PublisherOxford University Press, USA
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press, USA
- Weight454 g
- Width163 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.