All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, Phillips gives an overview of the contribution of Nyaya--the classical Indian school that defends an externalist position about knowledge as well as an internalist position about justification. Nyaya literature extends almost two thousand years and comprises hundreds of texts, and in this book, Phillips presents a useful overview of the under-studied system of thought. For the philosopher rather than the scholar of Sanskrit, the book makes a whole range of Nyaya positions and arguments accessible to students of epistemology who are unfamiliar with classical Indian systems.
- Author BiographyStephen Phillips is professor of philosophy and Asian studies at the University of Texas at Austin. Author of seven books, including Yoga, Karma, and Rebirth (Columbia University Press), which was named an Outstanding Academic Title for 2010 by Choice, Phillips is best known for his first-time translations of late classical Sanskrit philosophic texts.
- Author(s)Stephen H. Phillips
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white halftones
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.