All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe ideas of art as research and research as art have risen over the past two decades as important critical focuses for the philosophy of media, aesthetics, and art. Of particular interest is how the methodologies of art and science might be merged to create a better conceptual understanding of art-based research. In Epistemology of Aesthetics, Dieter Mersch deconstructs and displaces the termilogy that typically accompanies the question of the relationship between art and scientific truth. Identifying artistic practices as modes of thought that do t make use of language in a way that can easily be translated into scientific discourse, Mersch advocates for an aesthetic mode of thought beyond the linguistic turn, a way of thinking that cant be substituted by any other disciplinary system. Features a sophisticated reflection on the epistemological status of the aesthetic by one of Germany's leading philosophers, Epistemology of Aesthetics will be of great interest within this growing field of study.
- Author BiographyDieter Mersch is head of the Institute for Theory at the Zurich University of the Arts, a member of the German Society for Philosophy and the German Society for Aesthetics, and a board member of Cultura: International Journal of Philosophy of Culture.
- Author(s)Dieter Mersch
- PublisherDiaphanes AG
- Date of Publication29/05/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintDiaphanes AG
- Weight244 g
- Width121 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.