All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the first edition of Equine Nutrition and Feeding was published in 1986, it has become the seminal work on the subject. It covers all the key topics that you need to kw for your equine nutrition degree course. This comprehensive and clearly evidenced textbook covers how food is digested and nutrients are used in growing, working and breeding horses. It also explains the scientific basis for calculating nutrient and dietary requirements in an understandable manner, and shows you how to do these calculations. Special attention is also given to grassland and pasture, and to housing and diet-related diseases. <p>Additional, student-friendly features include: * References to the most up-to-date information, including Nutrient Requirements of Horses , from the National Research Council (2007). * Case histories to provide practical examples. * Study questions at the end of each chapter to help you to revise. * A comprehensive glossary of terms and abbreviations. <p>Changes to this fourth edition: * Evidence base has been expanded, with 646 new research reports and papers being incorporated. * Extensively revised to make navigation easier. * A new section is dedicated to the weaning and growth of the foal. <p>This book is the essential text for any undergraduate and postgraduate student of equine nutrition, equine veterinary medicine, equine veterinary nursing or agricultural science. It is also used by equine nutritionists and horse owners.
- Author BiographyDavid Frape BSc (Reading), PhD (Iowa), Dip Agric (Cantab), CBiol, FSB, FRCPath, RNutr, has published numerous papers and articles on equine nutrition. He is also a scientific consultant, a member of the Editorial Board of Equine Veterinary Journal, a member of the Laminitis Trust, and Editor of World Agriculture.
- Author(s)David Frape
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/06/2010
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight976 g
- Width189 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.