All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionEquine Pharmacology combines highly practical therapeutic guidance with reliable scientific background information to provide a clinically relevant resource. Taking a body systems approach to the subject, the book offers the equine clinician fast access to drug options for a given disease, with additional information available for reference as needed. Logically organized to lead the reader through the clinical decision-making process, Equine Pharmacology is a user-friendly reference for pharmacological information on the horse. The book begins with a general review section presenting the principles of antimicrobials, anesthesia, analgesics, anti-parasitics, foals, fluid therapy, and drug and medication control programs. The remainder of the book is devoted to a body systems approach to therapeutics, allowing the reader to search by affected system or specific disease to find detailed advice on drug therapy. Equine Pharmacology is an invaluable addition to the practice library for any clinician treating equine patients.
- Author BiographyCynthia Cole, DVM, PhD, DACVCP, is Director of Research and Development at Mars Veterinary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Bradford Bentz, VMD, MS, DACVIM, DACVECC, DABVP (Equine), is a private equine practitioner at Equine Medicine and Surgery in Bossier City, Louisiana, USA. Lara Maxwell, DVM, PhD, DACVCP, is an Associate Professor of Pharmacology at the College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA.
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2012
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Weight744 g
- Width197 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBradford Bentz,Cynthia Cole,Lara Maxwell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.