All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
About this product
- DescriptionFounder and first president of the New York Central Railroad, Erastus Corning rose from humble origins-he begin his working life at the age of thirteen as a clerk in a Troy, New York, hardware store-to become one of the wealthiest men of his time. In this skillfully written biography, Irene D. Neu traces Corning's the arc of his life and career as a merchant, manufacturer, railroad promoter, land speculator, financier, and politician-telling, at the same time, the story of American business in the mid-nineteenth century. Neu relates the significant events in Corning's life and addresses in considerable detail his many-faceted enterprises, including the circumstances of his loss of the New York Central to Cornelius Vanderbilt.
- Author(s)Irene D. Neu
- PublisherCornell University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFall Creek Press
- Content Note1
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.