All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an introduction to the ergodic theory behind common number expansions, for instance decimal expansions, continued fractions and many others. The questions studied are dynamical as well as number theoretic in nature, and the answers are obtained with the help of ergodic theory. What it means to be ergodic and the basic ideas behind ergodic theory are explained along the way. The book is aimed at introducing students with sufficient background kwledge in real analysis to a 'dynamical way of thinking'. The subjects covered vary from the classical to recent research which should increase the appeal of this book to researchers working in the field.
- Author(s)Cor Kraaikamp,Karma Dajani
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication12/09/2002
- Series TitleCarus Mathematical Monographs S.
- Series Part/Volume Number29
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width206 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.