All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a reprint of 978-0-901357-47-2 Ergomics in action: a practical guide for the workplace is a -nsense introduction to the principles of workplace ergomics. The book is very user-friendly and written in a clear, jargon-free style, and gives straightforward explanations and practical examples. Useful summaries at the end of each chapter highlight key points at a glance. The book focuses on ergomics in the design process, job design and work organisation. It covers specific areas of ergomic importance; including hand tools, computer use and manual handling, and also addresses the complex and sometimes controversial topic of upper limb disorders. Ergomics in action also includes a chapter on the basics of anthropometry and offers several practical case studies to illustrate the human and commercial benefits of following good ergomic principles. As a consultant ergomist, Celine McKeown has extensive experience of applying the principles of ergomics to a wide variety of sectors. She also trains, advises and writes on a broad range of ergomics and health and safety issues.
- Author BiographyDr Celine McKeown is the senior consultant with and director of Link Ergonomics. She specialises in work-related injury, particularly upper limb disorders and manual handling injuries. She works in heavy and light industry and in commercial organisations. Although she offers advice on dealing with working conditions that are already functioning, she also works alongside designers, engineers and architects who are starting with a blank slate and assists them in generating workplaces that suit the people who are employed there. She also runs training courses for engineers and health and safety professionals on ergonomics, manual handling, upper limb disorders and disability. She is a regular writer and speaker on ergonomics in the workplace and is a reviewer of academic ergonomic textbooks. She also acts as an expert witness in cases of work-related injury throughout the UK and Ireland.
- Author(s)Celine McKeown
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.