All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis colourful biography explores the life and music of Erich Wolfgang Korngold (1897-1957), whose varied compositions ranged from operas (written at a very young age) and orchestral music to lighter works such as operettas and Hollywood film scores. Korngold's lush, romantic scores have influenced many other film composers, while a recent resurgence of interest in his work has lent greater credibility to his more serious classical compositions.
- Author BiographyJessica Duchen is a freelance music journalist whose work appears frequently in the Guardian and BBC Music Magazine. Founding Editor of Piano magazine, she is the author of Gabriel Faure, also in the 20th-Century Composers series.
- Author(s)Jessica Duchen
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/1996
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series Title20th-Century Composers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note100 b&w and duotone illustrations, further reading, discography, index
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.