All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Academy Award for best dramatic score in 1938, the score for The Adventures of Robin Hood is seen by many as the archetypal accompaniment to a Warner Brothers swashbuckler, and it established the score's composer, Erich Wolfgang Korngold, as one of the leading exponents of film score composition at a formative point in its history. In the newest addition to the Scarecrow Film Score Guides series, author Ben Winters uses manuscript and archival research to challenge preconceived tions about the score's composer and its authorship. Winters examines Korngold's career, his film scoring techniques, and his engagement with the Hollywood studio system; he examines the film's treatment of the Robin Hood legend, its historical and critical contexts, and its place within the swashbuckler genre and the studio's anti-fascist agenda.
- Author BiographyBen Winters is University Research Fellow in Musicology at City University, London.
- Author(s)Ben Winters
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/01/2007
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleFilm Score Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.