All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionErnst Junger (1895-1998) is an important figure in 20th century German intellectual history. His extensive work still polarizes literary critics and public response to his work, particularly because of the 'heroic nihilism' of his early work with its tendency to glorify violence, which originated in his reading of Nietzsche. At the same time, his linguistic artistry and gift of observation as shown for example in his travel writings and journals make him one of the most important figures in modern German literature. The present volume provides a complete compendium combining analyses of the most important aspects of his work, including his critique of the modern and his concept of aesthetic escapism, the political, literary, mythical and psychoanalytical influences on his stories and vels, and the role of the writer in modern philosophical and literary systems. The volume presents a many-facetted overview of the current state of Junger research and offers a new objective academic perspective on the influential work of this significant writer.
- Author BiographyLutz Hagestedt istDozent amInstitut fur Neuere deutsche Literatur der Universitat Marburg.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/08/2004
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Note15 figures
- Weight930 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byLutz Hagestedt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.