All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSelected by the Modern Library as one of the 100 best nfiction books of all time. A book about romantic love, Eros is Anne Carson's exploration of the concept of eros in both classical philosophy and literature. Beginning with, It was Sappho who first called Eros 'bittersweet.' No one who has been in love disputes her, Carson examines her subject from numerous points of view, creating a lyrical meditation in the tradition of William Carlos Williams's Spring and All and William H. Gass's On Being Blue.
- Author BiographyAnne Carson is the author of Glass, Irony and God; Autobiography of Red; The Beauty of the Husband; Men in the Off Hours; and other books.
- Author(s)Anne Carson
- PublisherDalkey Archive Press
- Date of Publication31/12/1998
- Place of PublicationNormal, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDalkey Archive Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.