All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of Error-Control Coding for Data Networks is to provide an accessible and comprehensive overview of the fundamental techniques and practical applications of the error-control coding needed by students and engineers. An additional purpose of the book is to acquaint the reader with the analytical techniques used to design an error-control coding system for many new applications in data networks. Error~control coding is a field in which elegant theory was motivated by practical problems so that it often leads to important useful advances. Claude Shann in 1948 proved the existence of error-control codes that, under suitable conditions and at rates less than channel capacity, would transmit error-free information for all practical applications. The first practical binary codes were introduced by Richard Hamming and Marcel Golay from which the drama and excitement have infused researchers and engineers in digital communication and error-control coding for more than fifty years. Nowadays, error-control codes are being used in almost all modem digital electronic systems and data networks. Not only is coding equipment being implemented to increase the energy and bandwidth efficiency of communication systems, but coding also provides invative solutions to many related data-networking problems.
- Author(s)Irving S. Reed,Xuemin Chen
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleThe Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- Series Part/Volume Number508
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight860 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1999
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.