Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionError-correction coding is being used on an almost routine basis in most new communication systems. Not only is coding equipment being used to increase the energy efficiency of communication links, but coding ideas are also providing invative solutions to many related communication problems. Among these are the elimination of intersymbol interference caused by filtering and multipath and the improved demodulation of certain frequency modulated signals by taking advantage of the natural coding provided by a continuous phase. Although several books and nu- merous articles have been written on coding theory, there are still ticeable deficiencies. First, the practical aspects of translating a specific decoding algorithm into actual hardware have been largely igred. The information that is available is sketchy and is widely dispersed. Second, the information required to evaluate a particular technique under situations that are en- countered in practice is available for the most part only in private company reports. This book is aimed at correcting both of these problems. It is written for the design engineer who must build the coding and decoding equipment and for the communication system engineer who must incorporate this equipment into a system. It is also suitable as a senior-level or first-year graduate text for an introductory one-semester course in coding theory. The book U Ses a minimum of mathematics and entirely avoids the classical theorem/proof approach that is often seen in coding texts.
- Author(s)George C. Clark,J. Bibb Cain
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/05/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleApplications of Communications Theory
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight613 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1981
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.