All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThe study broadens the perspective of narratology to include the objects and methods of historiology, in particular those of the famous French Annales School (rejection of history as events etc). The question is one of the extent to which historiology itself 'creates' history in its narration and of whether, given the inherent narrative character of every historiography, any progress at all can be made in historical kwledge. Ruth t only develops the theoretical backgrounds and discourses of his enquiry, but also uses texts from the Annales School to undertake a detailed study of the narrative element in historiography.
- Author BiographyAxel Ruth ist Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter am Petrarca-Institut der Universitat zu Koln.
- Author(s)Axel Ruth
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleNarratologia
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.