Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1939. The de Lacey family of Nayton Mar believe they are ready for the changes war will bring. Elizabeth, the eldest daughter, is due to return home from her grandparents' farm in France and is expected to marry the dashing Captain Max Coburn. But when Grandpere suffers a stroke, her future is changed. Instead of returning home to Norfolk, Elizabeth chooses to stay and help her grandparents. Max is also stationed in France - but will this help their courtship, or will the war threaten to separate them for ever? Meanwhile, in the village of Nayton, Lucy Storey dutifully cares for her father the stationmaster, running their home in the little cottage by the railway. Her long hard days are brightened by meetings with the handsome Jack de Lacey, who brings a brief escape from her daily routine. As their friendship grows, can they overcome the class prejudices set in their way, or will the jealous signalman Frank Lambert succeed in destroying their romance? For all at Nayton, war becomes a time of risk and danger, of secrets and betrayal, and of finding love in the most unexpected places.
- Author BiographyBorn in Singapore, Mary Nichols spent most of her life in East Anglia. She wrote short stories and articles for a variety of newspapers and magazines, but later turned to writing novels. Mary died in 2016.
- Author(s)Mary Nichols
- PublisherAllison & Busby
- Date of Publication20/02/2014
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllison & Busby
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.