All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book refers to universal eschatology contained in the Letters to the Thessalonians (1 Thess 4, 13-5, 11; 2 Thess 2, 1-12). The whole material is divided in two groups (eschatological motifs and apocalyptic motifs). Each of the motifs is analysed in the Biblical context and in the Intertestamental Literature context (the Old Testament Pseudepigrapha and the Qumran Literature). The exegetical analysis and the comparative analysis show similarity and diversity of the way Paul used the motifs. They also show which motifs were created or extensively modified by Paul in order to contribute to the creation of Christian eschatology. After presentation of the importance of eschatological topics in the 1-2 Thess (chapter I), the analyses of prodroms (chapter II) and events connected with the parousia (chapter III) indicate the way of using each of the motifs in different traditions. Based on results of the analyses, the Jewish background and Paul's original contribution to the New Testament eschatology are presented in chapter IV.
- Author BiographyJanusz Kucicki was born in 1967 in Plonsk (Poland). In 1988, he joined the Divine Word Society. In 2008, he obtained a PhD degree at John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin. Since 2009 he has been working as associate professor at Nanzan University in Nagoya (Japan).
- Author(s)Janusz Kucicki
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication18/02/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleAlte Testament im Dialog - An Outline of an Old Testament Dialogue
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight560 g
- Width155 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.