Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionThe author was born in Wales in 1916. He was educated in England before going to work for the Shell Oil Company in Africa. With the outbreak of World War II, he became an RAF fighter pilot. He began writing for adults at the close of the war, with the encouragement of C S Forester. This title tells his story.
- Author BiographySitting in a hut at the bottom of his garden, surrounded by odd bits and pieces such as a suitcase (used as a footrest), his own hipbone (which he'd had replaced) and a heavy ball of metal foil (made from years' worth of chocolate wrappers), Roald Dahl wrote some of the world's best-loved stories including Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Twits, The Witches, The BFG, Fantastic Mr Fox, James and the Giant Peach and lots more. Quentin Blake is one of Britain's most successful illustrators. He has illustrated nearly three hundred books and he was Roald Dahl's favourite illustrator. He has won many awards including the Whitbread Award and the Kate Greenaway Medal and taught for over twenty years at the Royal College of Art. In 1999 he became the first ever Children's Laureate and in 2013 he was knighted in the New Year's Honours.
- Author(s)Roald Dahl
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date28/09/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight252 g
- Width195 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Quentin Blake
- Edition StatementColour editon
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.