Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book re-examines historical, ethgraphic and anthropological productions in various spaces in Senegambia. Just like language, material culture in original forms is powerful in the transmission and affirmation of identity. Unfortunately, archeology has so far played a very mir role in this domain in Senegambia, as the discipline has been confined to the study of eras kw as 'prehistoric' and 'protohistoric', which are little kwn by story tellers and other traditional communicators. It is generally agreed that archeology generates more inclusive kwledge, given the fact that the essential source of identity for all societal strata is based on the production, consumption, rejection or recycling of material culture. This book democratizes kwledge generation by giving prominence to the social life and identities of ordinary individuals who are often invisible in written and oral sources.
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationDakar
- Country of PublicationSenegal
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byIbrahima Thiaw
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.