All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBarthelemy Faujas de Saint-Fond (1741-1819) abandoned the legal profession to pursue studies in natural history. Appointed a royal commissioner of mines in 1785, he also served as professor of geology at the natural history museum in Paris from 1793 until his death. His keen interest in rocks, minerals and fossils led to a number of important discoveries, among which was confirmation that basalt was a volcanic product. The present work appeared in three parts between 1803 and 1809. The second volume was divided into two. This first part discusses rocks, minerals and metals, tably limestone, quartz and feldspar. Of related interest in the history of geology, Mineralogie des volcans (1784) and the revised English edition of A Journey through England and Scotland to the Hebrides in 1784 (1907) are two other works by Faujas which are also reissued in this series.
- Author(s)Barthelemy Faujas-De-St-Fond
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication06/01/2014
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Earth Science
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 colour illus.
- Weight520 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.