Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $162.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOpening with a chapter on how to read an essay, this unique anthology of British and American prose spans the last hundred years of writing to give students t only an experience in the development of the essay form and its evaluation but also in the key historic issues and events that stirred through the last century. To emphasize the contexuality of the selections, each author is introduced by an unusually complete biographic headte placing the author and work time. A chrological timeline is also provided. Questions following each selection compel students to evaluate the work they have read and to place it in relation to other, pertinent selections in the text. All selections have been thoroughly antated to explain terms, people, events, and literary allusions that may t be familiar to the student reader. Not just a collection of excellent models of prose, Essays in Context forces students to confront the past, to analyse analysis critically, and to form their own judgment of events and reactions to them. The organization of the text is chrological, in keeping with its historic focus.
- Author(s)Sandra Fehl Tropp
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2000
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight1166 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byAnn Pierson D'Angelo,Sandra Fehl Tropp
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.