Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionStudies in Hor of Joseph S. Lukinsky makes a unique and welcomed contribution to the field of Jewish Education. While the Jewish communities from ancient times onward have made education a priority on the communal agenda, it is only since the mid-twentieth century that Jewish Education has developed as an academic field. From the start of his career, Joseph S. Lukinsky has been a leader in the development of the field, offering encouragement and guidance to young scholars, supporting their use of qualitative methods, and challenging them to examine the ideas of the modern Jewish philosophers. This book comprises a collection of articles and scholarly studies written in hor of Joseph S. Lukinsky on the occasion of his seventieth birthday. The wide range of subjects treated in these chapters reflects the catholicity of Professor Lukinsky's interests. The contributors to the volume, all ted scholars and educators, are his colleagues and former students. They include prominent academicians from throughout the United States and Israel. Readers of this volume will come away with an appreciation of Lukinsky's ability to stimulate an awareness of the potential of Jewish Education to enrich Western education as a whole, as well as to preserve and enhance the quality of Jewish life.
- PublisherJTS Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJTS Press
- Weight767 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byAdina A Ofek,Burton I Cohen
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.