Essays in Transportation Economics and Policy: A Handbook in Honor of John R. Meyer by Brookings Institution (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive survey of transportation ecomic policy pays homage to a classic work, Techniques of Transportation Planning, by rewned transportation scholar John R. Meyer. With contributions from leading ecomists in the field, it includes added emphasis on policy developments and analysis. The book covers the basic analytic methods used in transportation ecomics and policy analysis; focuses on the automobile, as both the mainstay of American transportation and the source of some of its most serious difficulties; covers key issues of urban public transportation; and analyzes the impact of regulation and deregulation on the U.S. airline, railroad, and trucking industries. In addition to the editors, the contributors are Alan A. Altshuler, Harvard University; Ronald R. Braeutigam, Northwestern University; Robert E. Gallamore, Union Pacific Railroad; Arld M. Howitt, Harvard University; Gregory K. Ingram, The Wold Bank; John F. Kain, University of Texas at Dallas; Charles Lave, University of California, Irvine; Lester Lave, Carnegie Mellon University; Robert A. Leone, Boston University; Zhi Liu, The World Bank; Herbert Mohring, University of Minnesota; Steven A. Morrison, Northeastern University; Katherine M. O'Regan, Yale University; Don Pickrell, U.S. Department of Transportation; John M. Quigley, University of California, Berkeley; Ian Savage, Northwestern University; and Kenneth A. Small, University of California Irvine.
- Author BiographyJose A. Gomez-Ibanez , professor of public policy and urban planning at Harvard University, is coauthor of Going Private: The International Experience with Transport Privatization (Brookings, 1994). William B. Tye is a principal at the Brattle Group. Clifford Winston is a senior fellow in Economic Studies at the Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C. USA. Among his previous books are Deregulation of Network Industries: What's Next? coedited with Sam Peltzman (AEI-Brookings, 2000), and Alternate Route: Toward Efficient Urban Transportation , cowritten with Chad Shirley (Brookings, 1998).
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication01/02/1999
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight46 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byClifford Winston,Jose A.Gomez- Ibanez,William B. Tye
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.