All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together fourteen articles and papers written by Albert O. Hirschman. About half deal with the interaction of ecomic development with politics and ideology, the area in which Hirschman perhaps has made most ted contributions. Among these papers are 'The Rise and Declines of Development Ecomics', a magisterial and yet pointed essay in intellectual history and his famous article 'The Changing Tolerance for Income Inequality in the Course of Ecomic Development'. Hirschman's ability to trespass - or rather his inability t to trespass - from one social science to ather and beyond is the unifying characteristic of the volume. Authoritative, searching surveys alternate here with essays presenting some of Hirschman's characteristic inventions, for instance the 'tunnel effect' and 'obituary-improving activities'. Three of the papers have t been published previously and a number of introductory tes have been especially drafted for the present volume to evoke the intellectual-political climate in which certain groups of essays were written.
- Author(s)Albert O. Hirschman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/08/1981
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2tabs.
- Weight450 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $26.00
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.