All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJ. L. Ackrill's work on Plato and Aristotle has had a considerable influence upon ancient philosophical studies in the late twentieth century. In his writings the rigour and clarity of contemporary analytical philosophy are brought to bear upon ancient thought; in many cases he has provided the first analytic treatment of a key issue. Gathered w in this volume are the best of Ackrill's essays on the two greatest philosophers of antiquity. Here he examines a wide range of texts and topics - from ethics and logic to epistemology and metaphysics - which continue to be the focus of debate today.
- Author BiographyJ. L. Ackrill is Emeritus Professor of History of Philosophy in the University of Oxford, and an Emeritus Fellow of Brasenose College.
- Author(s)J. L. Ackrill
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2001
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClarendon Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width139 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.