All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionIs this the right book for me? Essential English Grammar is packed with easy-to-follow explanations and summaries, practical tips on how to avoid common grammar mistakes, interesting facts about the historical and regional use of English and a special section on punctuation. This clear, straightforward guide to modern English grammar will help you to improve your kwledge of the language and perfect your grammar. Essential English Grammar includes: Chapter 1: The history of the English language Chapter 2: Dividing the word: syllables and morphemes Chapter 3: Nouns Chapter 4: Prouns Chapter 5: Verbs Chapter 6: Modifiers: adjectives and adverbs Chapter 7: Function words: prepositions and conjunctions Chapter 8: Phrases and clauses Chapter 9: Kinds of sentence Chapter 10: Direct and indirect speech Chapter 11: Affixes: prefixes and suffixes Chapter 12: Gender and grammar Chapter 13: Register: formal and informal Chapter 14: Spelling and punctuation Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features: Not got much time? One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started. Author insights Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience. Test yourself Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress. Extend your kwledge Extra online articles to give you a richer understanding of the subject. Five things to remember Quick refreshers to help you remember the key facts. Try this Invative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
- Author BiographyRon Simpson has an MA (Oxon) in English Language and Literature and a PGCE from Birmingham University. He taught English for 30 years and, during his teaching career, was Head of English at King's School and Pontefract and Head of Sixth Form at Campsmount School, Doncaster. He has worked with JMB, now NEAB, as Review Panel Member (English GCE/GCSE) and is currently Moderator for the GCSE English/English Literature, GCSE Oral English and Certificate of Achievement English. He has also worked as a reviewer and News/Features Editor of the bi-monthly Jazz Rag magazine almost from its inception.
- Author(s)Brigitte Edelston,Ron Simpson
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication27/08/2010
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content Noteno
- Weight274 g
- Width131 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.