Essential Guide to Motorcycle Travel: Tips, Technology, Advanced Techniques by Dale Coyner (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.64+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is written to help motorcyclists prepare themselves and their motorcycle for travelling long distances over extended periods. Whether you are getting ready for a weekend trip beyond your home turf, or for a transcontinental odyssey lasting several years, Coyner's book details the fundamentals for riding in comfort, safety, and convenience. In three major sections, the book covers trip planning, rider preparation, and outfitting the motorcycle. This newest edition has been completely updated to reflect current information and the newest trends in mobile techlogy, as they relate to motorcycle touring. An appropriate level of planning for a long motorcycle trip can help you maximise enjoyment and minimise irritating anyances on the road. Coyner lays out the steps for planning a worry-free trip. A successful trip should start with the rider physically and mentally prepared. On the road, having good riding gear can make a dramatic difference in comfort and safety as the weather changes from dry to wet, and from hot to cold. Coyner describes the important aspects of personal preparation and describes the major kinds of riding gear and how they work to control body temperature and moisture. As motorcycle techlogy has evolved, so have after market accessories, which are made to address virtually every special need. Coyner shows you step-by-step how electrical modifications can be made, and provides specific sections on high-performance lighting and conspicuity, GPS and other cockpit instruments, entertainment and communication devices, cameras and camcorders, ergomic enhancements, suspension improvements, luggage and storage additions, and trailers.
- Author BiographyDale Coyner is an avid, experienced motorcyclist and the owner of Open Road Outfitters (www.openroadoutfitters.com), a motorcycle accessory shop in Sterling, Virginia specialising in the sale and installation of motorcycle trailers, lighting, and electronics. In 2006, Dale was appointed to the Governor's Motorcycle Advisory Council for the Commonwealth of Virginia to promote motorcycle tourism, safety, and economic development. Dale speaks frequently at rallies and motorcycle club meetings on motorcycle travel and related technical topics.
- Author(s)Dale Coyner
- PublisherWhitehorse Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNorth Conway
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhitehorse Press
- Content Note250 colour photos & illus
- Weight600 g
- Width210 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.