All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEssential Microecomics is designed to help students deepen their understanding of the core theory of microecomics. Unlike other texts, this book focuses on the most important ideas and does t attempt to be encyclopedic. Two-thirds of the textbook focuses on price theory. As well as taking a new look at standard equilibrium theory, there is extensive examination of equilibrium under uncertainty, the capital asset pricing model, and arbitrage pricing theory. Choice over time is given extensive coverage and includes a basic introduction to control theory. The final third of the book, on game theory, provides a comprehensive introduction to models with asymmetric information. Topics such as auctions, signaling and mechanism design are made accessible to students who have a basic rather than a deep understanding of mathematics. Examples and diagrams are used to illustrate issues as well as formal derivations.
- Author BiographyJohn G. Riley is Distinguished Professor of Economics at the University of California, Los Angeles. A Fellow of the Econometric Society, his research has appeared in eminent journals such as the American Economic Review, Econometrica, Journal of Political Economy, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Review of Economic Studies, Journal of Economic Theory, and the RAND Journal of Economics. Professor Riley co-authored with the late Jack Hirshleifer The Analytics of Uncertainty and Information (Cambridge University Press, 1992), a new edition of which is forthcoming with Sushil Bikhchandani of UCLA.
- Author(s)John G. Riley
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note229 b/w illus. 17 tables
- Weight1360 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine40 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.