All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for the 1st edition: 'This is w one of my top five education books. .I was absorbed and uplifted by it and my own practice as a teacher will undoubtedly change as a result. Surely there can be higher recommendation.' - Geoff Barton, Times Educational Supplement Essential Motivation in the Classroom is the definitive one-stop guide for teachers who want to kw how to motivate children - and how children learn to motivate themselves. In the ten years since this book was first published, it has proven to be a best selling text that informs, inspires and amuses educationalist around the world. This fully updated and revised tenth anniversary edition continues to take the reader on a rollercoaster ride through the theories of teaching, learning and thinking. Ian Gilbert highlights the 'seven keys' of motivation, offering a range of strategies, ideas and insights to help learners become motivated from within. An entertaining and inspiring read, this book is full of useful, practical advice, ranging from motivational research from leading theorists to philosophical gems from Homer Simpson. Teachers in all sectors of education will find this book indispensable, helping them to change the culture of their classrooms and improve the effectiveness of their teaching.
- Author BiographyAward-winning Ian Gilbert is a leading educational innovator, speaker and writer. He is the founder of Independent Thinking Ltd, and the author of a range of best-selling titles including Why Do I Need a Teacher When I've Got Google? (Routledge, 2010).
- Author(s)Ian Gilbert
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.