All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEssential Oils: Contact Allergy and Chemical Composition provides a full review of contact allergy to essential oils along with detailed analyses of the chemical composition of essential oils kwn to cause contact allergy. In addition to literature data, this book presents the results of nearly 6,400 previously unpublished sample analyses, by far the largest set of essential oils analyses ever reported in a single source of scientific literature. Covering 91 essential oils and two absolutes, the book presents an alphabetical list of all 4,350 ingredients that have been identified in them, a list of chemicals kwn to cause contact allergy and allergic contact dermatitis, and tabular indications of the ingredients that can be found in each essential oil. The book discusses contact allergy and allergic contact dermatitis for each of the oils and absolutes, sometimes able to provide only one or two reports but drawing upon considerable amounts of literature in other cases, such as with tea tree oil, ylang-ylang oil, lavender oil, rose oil, turpentine oil, jasmine absolute, and sandalwood oil. While limited information on the main components and their concentrations would be eugh for most dermatologists, this book gives extensive coverage t only to improve levels of medical kwledge and quality of patient care, but also for the benefit of professionals beyond clinical study and practice, such as chemists in the perfume and cosmetics industries, perfumers, academic scientists working with essential oils and fragrances, aromatherapists, legislators, and those involved in the production, sale, and acquisition of essential oils.
- Author BiographyAnton C. de Groot received his medical and dermatology specialist training at the University of Groningen, The Netherlands. He took an early interest in contact allergies and the side effects of drugs. He is a former chair of the Contact Dermatitis Group, part of the Dutch Society for Dermatology and Venerology. He was also a cofounder of the Dutch Journal of Dermatology and Venerology and served as an editor for 20 years, including 10 years as its editor in chief. He has served as a board member on several other journals and is currently a member of the editorial advisory board of Dermatitis. He has authored 12 books, as well as more than 60 book chapters and over 300 articles in Dutch and international journals. Erich Schmidt completed his studies in business economics at the Landshut University of Applied Sciences, Bavaria, Germany. Since he first began working with essential oils in a middle-sized German company that designed and produced perfume compositions, his interest in analyzing the compositions of essential oils increased. He eventually established an analytical laboratory and as the use of aromatherapy grew in Germany, he provided information about risks, safety evaluation, and genuineness of essential oils. In 1995 he was chosen as the German responsible representative of the International Organization for Standardization's Technical Committee 54, Essential Oils. Since 2005, he has authored or coauthored more than 90 publications in numerous journals, and contributed two chapters to the Handbook of Essential Oils.
- Author(s)Anton C. de Groot,Erich Schmidt
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication08/07/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 261 black & white tables
- Weight3722 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.