All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionEssential Pharmacokinetics: A Primer for Pharmaceutical Scientists is an introduction to the concepts of pharmacokinetics intended for graduate students and new researchers working in the pharmaceutical sciences. This book describes the mathematics used in the mammillary model as well as the application of pharmacokinetics to pharmaceutical product development, and is useful as both a self-study and classroom resource. Content coverage includes detailed discussions of common models and important pharmacokinetic concepts such as biological half-life, clearance, excretion, multiple dosage regimens and more. Numerous equations, practical examples and figures are incorporated to clearly illustrate the theoretical background of pharmacokinetic behavior of drugs and excipients.
- Author BiographyDr. Thorsteinn Loftsson is a Professor of Physical Pharmacy at the University of Iceland in Reykjavik. He received his MS Pharm degree from University of Copenhagen and his MS and PhD degrees from the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry at the University of Kansas. Dr. Loftsson has authored or co-authors over 200 papers in peer-reviewed journals, numerous book chapters and 20 patents and patent applications. His main research areas include the pharmaceutical applications of cyclodextrins, marine lipids, prodrugs and soft drugs. He has conducted over 100 lectures and is a Fellow of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS). Dr. Loftsson is also a member for the editorial board of Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, die Pharmazie and Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology (formerly STP Pharma Sciences).
- Author(s)Thorsteinn Loftsson
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteApprox. 270 illustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.