All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is Brockman's second book, emphasising the importance of self-care for the legions of people supporting and taking care of others. This includes paid professionals including nurses, counsellors/therapists, social service workers, paramedics, hospice workers as well as teachers and other high-intensity relaters . Additionally, the target audience includes the more than 78 million American baby boomers who are w taking care of their ageing parents or a loved one at home with an illness such as cancer or Alzheimer's disease. Special features : This book addresses the issues of unconscious empathy, the characteristics of the helper personality, inconsistent or insufficient boundaries and the subtle energy consequences that can occur from inadequate self-care such as illness and adrenal fatigue, resulting in secondary traumatisation and compassion fatigue.
- Author BiographyHoward Brockman is a diplomate in clinical social work and has over 25 years of clinical experience as a psychotherapist in private practice where he resides in Salem, Oregon. Howard was the founder of Dynamic Energetic Healing International. He is a frequent guest on talk radio and presents his work at national and international conferences including the annual International Conference on Comprehensive Energy Psychology and the annual Conference for the Society of Shamanic Practitioners. Howard has a masters degree in Social Ethics/Religious Studies from the University of Southern California and a masters degree in Social Work from Portland State University. He also has 20 years experience in Kundalini Yoga and meditation practices. With extensive training in process-oriented psychology, core shamanism (since 1981) and energy psychology, Howard has created a unique synthesis of psychospiritual healing methods that awaken the power of applied human consciousness. These methods come together powerfully in this book.
- Author(s)Howard Brockman
- PublisherColumbia Press
- Date of Publication17/08/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationSalem, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia Press
- Weight576 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.