All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForeword by Huston Smith Fans of the Sufi master Rumi will delight in this delectable feast of colourful, passionate Sufi writings and wisdom -- including poems, essays, prayers, and meditations by the greatest Sufi writers and teachers of all time. The first accessible and broad-ranging sourcebook of key Sufi writings, Essential Sufism draws together more than 300 stories, fables, aphorisms, short writings, and poems that reveal the heart of Islamic mysticism. Each selection has been chosen for the beauty and emotional impact that have made the work of Sufi writers such as Rumi so popular. The poets and writers chosen here -- including Ibn Arabi, Al-Ghazzali, Hafiz, Attar, Koranic writers, and, of course, Rumi -- will fascinate newcomers to Sufism, delight old hands, and provide a matchless overview of a mystical tradition that has touched a dozen cultures and endured for more than 1,500 years.
- Author BiographyJames Fadiman, Ph.D., is an author, teacher, and student of Sufism. He lives in Menlo Park, CA. Robert Frager, Ph.D., is author of Heart, Soul, and Self: The Spiritual Psychology of Sufism. He lives in Los Altos, CA. Both authors have studied Sufism for more than two decades.
- Author(s)Robert Frager
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication17/01/2000
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight220 g
- Width135 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJames Fadiman
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.