All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis portable, user-friendly Vietnamese language guide, phrasebook and dictionary is the cheapest and easiest way to learn Vietnamese before and during your trip. <p/>If you only want to purchase one Vietnamese language book--Essential Vietnamese is the way to go. Part of Tuttle Publishing's Essential Series, it is a great first introduction and beginner guide to the language of Vietnam and is also designed as a Vietnamese phrasebook, making it the most versatile Vietnamese language learning tool on the market. <p/>Perfect for business people or tourist traveling to Vietnam or for students who want to supplement their learning, this book's easy indexing feature allows it to act as a Vietnamese phrase book or as an English-Vietnamese Dictionary. A clever point to feature allows you to simply point to a phrase translated in Vietnamese without the need to say a single word or read a single character. In addition, language involving terms and phrases covering the latest techlogy devices, using social media, and tips on the essentials of travel like arranging accommodations, dining out, dealing with transportation and emergencies, is also effectively covered in extraordinary detail. <p/>Essential Vietnamese includes: Over 1,500 essential sentences for everyday use. A glossary containing over 2,000 terms and expressions. A handy format for finding the information you need quickly and easily. Extensive information about Vietnamese Grammar and Pronunciation. Latest Vietnamese vocabulary and phrases for smart phones, social media and more. This beginner Vietnamese book will help you to quickly and easily learn Vietnamese. Your ability to read Vietnamese, write Vietnamese, speak Vietnamese, and comprehend Vietnamese will be vastly improved without having to take an entire Vietnamese language class.
- Author BiographyPhan Van Giuong is professor in Vietnamese studies and served as the Convenor of the Vietnamese Language and Culture program at Victoria University in Melbourne, Australia for over 18 years. He has taught Vietnamese and English since 1965. He was the founder Dean of the Faculty of Languages and Culture Studies at Hoa Sen University. Professor Phan is the author of many textbooks: Vietnamese for Beginners (1-4), Functional Vietnamese, Modern Vietnamese (1 - 4), Vietnamese for Foreign Travellers, Vietnamese Interactive Books and a series of Pocket, Concise and Compact Vietnamese-English dictionaries. He was the editor of several Vietnamese literature magazines and newspapers and awarded the Order of Australia Medal and the International Educator of the Year award for his outstanding contributions to the teaching of Vietnamese language and culture. Professor Phan is now working for the International Baccalaureate, United Kingdom.
- Author(s)Hanh Tran,Phan Van Giuong
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication15/12/2013
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Note2,000 Entries
- Weight249 g
- Width190 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.