All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEssentials of Advanced Composite Fabrication and Repair is the complimentary text to the basic Abaris Training composite courses. The text assumes prior kwledge about advanced composite materials, and gradually makes the reader conversant in composite termilogy. Although largely geared toward the aerospace industry, it will also appeal to readers working in sporting goods, wind energy, marine and motor sports industries. After giving a comprehensive description of what composites are and how they work, the book breaks the materials down into their constituents; different types of fibers; carbon, aramid, glass, and others; matrix materials; ceramics, thermoplastic and specifically thermoset resins and their different chemistries. It then goes into detail about design considerations and guidelines, various tooling concepts, manufacturing methods, and accepted repair theories and concepts. Other sections include the most up-to-date information on adhesive bonding techlogy, core materials, materials testing and n-destructive inspection (NDI) techniques and equipment.
- Author BiographyLouis C. Dorworth has been teaching composite-related courses for the last 20 years and is a professional member of the Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering. He lives in Reno, Nevada. Ginger L. Gardiner is a consultant for Abaris and a staff writer for Composites Technology and High Performance Composites magazines. She lives in Washington, North Carolina. Greg M. Mellema is an airframe and powerplant mechanic and a former instructor of aviation maintenance technology at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Cochise College. He lives in Reno, Nevada.
- Author(s)Ginger L. Gardiner,Greg M. Mellema,Louis C. Dorworth
- PublisherAviation Supplies & Academics Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNewcastle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAviation Supplies & Academics Inc
- Content NoteColor photos throughout, color illustrations throughout, charts, tables, screen
- Weight1142 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.